So when the fall season comes around, that means more running … specifically in races … with that being said we want to give you some friendly reminders when race day and weekend come around …
- Enjoy the day and each moment it has to offer.
- Smile, especially at the finish line.
- Don’t be an asshole towards others, you are the one who signed up for it!
- Give High-5s! knuckle bumps or whatever comes your way.
- Say thank you to the volunteers and police officers along the course, they don’t have to be out there.
- Say hello to other runners.
- If you see someone struggling ask them if they need help.
- Don’t litter on the course.
- Be nice … yes it’s important not to be an asshole! See #3
- Look both ways before shooting a snot rocket.
- Celebrate your finish! You worked hard to get there.
- Accept the fact that race day, might not be your day. You might find yourself struggling or having a DNF (Did no finish) … It happens, don’t over think it, just plan for your next one.
- And most importantly … Don’t be an asshole on race day … see #3 and #9 as other reminders …
What other reminders did we leave off of the list? Share them in the comments below …